Frequently Asked Questions
What is a legal service plan?
What is LegalShield?
What is covered under a LegalShield Legal Plan?
What is LegalShield’s service area?
Does it cost more to add my spouse or dependents?
How can I pay for my membership?
- Monthly bank draft
- Annual bank draft
- Annual direct
- Monthly credit card
- Annual credit card
Who is covered under my LegalShield Legal Plan membership?
The following are covered:
- The member
- The member’s spouse
- Never-married dependent children of the member or member’s spouse who are under 26 and living at home
- Children under age 18 for whom the member or member’s spouse is the legal guardian
- Full-time never-married students under 26 years old if the student is a dependent of the member or member’s spouse
- Any dependent child, regardless of age, who is incapable of sustaining employment because of mental or physical disability and who is chiefly dependent on the member or member’s spouse for support.
Note: Trial Defense, where available, provides benefits for the member and/or the member’s spouse only. Be sure to check the specific contract in your state.
What law firm will provide my legal services?
What level of contact will I have with my lawyer if I am a LegalShield member?
How do I contact my Provider Law Firm?
- Call the toll-free number on the back of your membership card. (If you are out-of-state and need to call, use the direct number on the back of your membership card.)
- An intake specialist will ask you what type of legal matter you have, verify your address and phone numbers.
- An attorney will return your call within 8 business hours.
- Fill out the questionnaire and mail it to the Provider Firm. Keep a copy for yourself in case the Provider Firm has a question to discuss with you.
- Complete any paperwork required by the provider attorney.